Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Launch of a Career

I'm excited to share the news: I am officially going to be starting my career as an electrical and computer engineer. I've been given a fantastic opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge I've gained in my education and previous work experiences with the chance to make a real difference for a company and its business.

I've accepted an offer from a large corporation with key business holdings in the defense, aerospace, and industrial sectors. The position I took is a special entry level program that gives me the opportunity to rotate through some of the various business units which are located across the country (and even internationally!). This phase of the program lasts 2 years, after which I will hopefully be able to use the experience and connections I've gained to obtain a permanent position with the corporation.

For my first rotation, I will be working for the avionics group of an aerospace company located in Maryland. This is a new industry for me, but I believe the skills I've gained should port nicely to the work they do. I don't have all (or many) of the details about the day-to-day nature of the position, but I'm sure that will be worked out when I start.

For now, I'm just very excited about starting my career and this new phase of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment