Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Developing Android Application

Let me start by saying this: I am not a software developer. By no means do I intend to try to become one, make people think I am one, or even want to become one. However, the ability to tap into the power of the ubiquity and capability of Android smartphones is too great a temptation to pass up. I can think of a few great applications I'd like to cook up quickly for myself, and I'll probably keep things updated here and/or ask for advice and comments.

Aside from the few knockoff apps I personally want, one thing is clear - robots and smartphones go together like peanut butter and jelly. I'd love to be able to command and control any robotics projects from my Droid - it's more portable than a bulky laptop and just as capable. Hopefully, I will be able to work on both sides of this equation (Android development and robotics projects to make use of control applications) in my "free time". For now, here's my progress:


If anyone has any good sources or would simply like to follow along, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment